why overseas chinese seem more "patriotic"

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: kma 于 2014-03-22, 10:50:00:

回答: 愿意讨论就讨论,不愿意走开。 由 bluesea 于 2014-03-22, 09:17:20:

distance creates beauty?

i can speak this personally and i know many like mine, in 80-90's students are much more inclined to western values, everyday we listened to VOA, BBC and TW on SW radios. we would like to see change of china to america in 1 night! 6.4 brought that feeling to a climax.

then going abroad, immigration, for all kinds of reasons, we are becoming "conservative" or left. in the meantime, mainland students or intellectuals seem much more "rightish", but if they go overseas, the same trend there, more "patriotic"!

it's a very curious phenomenon.

but, i put a "" there:

1. few really think china better or would go back to china. people who have stable jobs rarely would go back. only "fools" like rao yi would do such thing, i always wonder if he regrets the decision.

2. but there are indeed many believe the roadmap china is following now is the best, the least risky, among all options there. the recent serious problems of the so called arab springs and other emerging democracies deepen this view, i.e.the so called beijing consensus.

perhaps there should be a more serious investigation into this:

why more china intergration inot the world, more chinese living abroad and gettign unobstructed info access, is not leading to more western values winning in chinese?

i read news about china almost everyday, most in english, but i find it more and more subjective. say if west report on fu ping, an only minimally politics-involved matter, cna't follwo professionisim, how can we trust them on more serious issues?

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明