习男儿竟然问Biden为什么美国自称是个太平洋国家

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: JZ 于 2015-05-23, 10:39:36:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/05/22/commencement-address-vice-president-united-states-naval-academy

引用:
President Xi of China, when I was meeting with him, asked me why do I continue to say America is a Pacific power? And I said because we are. (Laughter.) And, Mr. President, you owe your stability over the last 30 years to the United States Navy and military. And he acknowledged it. You are a force for peace and security. We’ve used your power to reinforce and update the international rules and cooperation that benefit all nations to manage the emerging challenges of the century ahead before they devolve into conflict.

In the disputed waters of the South China Sea, the United States does not privilege the claims of one nation over another. But we do –- unapologetically –- stand up for the equitable and peaceful resolution of disputes and for the freedom of navigation.

And today, these principles are being tested by Chinese activities in the South China Sea. They’re building airstrips --the placing of oil rigs, the imposition of unilateral bans on fishing in disputed territories, the declaration of air-defense zones, the reclamation of land, which other countries are doing, but not nearly on the massive scale the Chinese are doing.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明