评论是这么说的

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: Amsel 于 2014-01-01, 22:42:26:

回答: 反语? 由 xname5 于 2014-01-01, 22:32:27:

我没看视频

引用:
HyperionCantos 703 points 13 days ago*
It's a shame. I'm Chinese, and this is my opinion on it.
You get two kinds of Chinese immigrants in America; the old immigrants, and the new immigrants.
The more recent Chinese are highly skilled and educated. They came to America and Canada near the turn of the 21st century on skilled labor visas, and are one of the reasons why Chinese are the 2nd wealthiest ethnic group in the USA (after, East Indians I think). When you think of Chinese engineers, this is them.
The folks you see in the video are old immigrants; they came to America generations ago, and settled in Northern California, where they probably faced persecution or something. While most are religious and decently middle class, the ones you see here are straight up peasants.
(There is also a new, 3rd group of immigrants, the rich-as-fuck new wealth Chinese immigrants, who bring the money from China, as opposed to the skilled labor immigrants who made the money here. These guys are pretty well educated, as any wealthy Chinese are, they live differently than either of the previous groups. )
Anyways. As a Chinese person, I still find this to be kind of embarrassing, but I can't feel any way of identifying with these folks.
I made this comment flippantly, cause I didn't expect many people to see it. I guess I shouldn't call these folks peasants, but they are lower income. Also, please dont think I'm embarrassed to be Chinese (quite the opposite), I just feel some embarrassment at what is happening in the video.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明